Friday, May 21, 2010

Back in the Saddle..... er sort of.

Tronk - Happy On the Trail!
Well the past few weeks have been busy. I have started working out in full and doing a lot of cross training. Over these few weeks I have started the P90X program, started feeling good while in the water swimming, and have had a few good bike rides. The running is coming slowly….. as there is still pain in the knee when I am running any distance or downhill. It wouldn’t be so bad if it didn’t hurt and swell for two days following the run. For now the strategy is to do shorter runs and build my tolerance and running strength back up to where it was.

I did manage to get in a YUT-C loop that entailed about 50% walking and 50% running. I enjoyed being in Mill Creek Park and took in all the cool sights. Last week I worked out for nearly 10 hours, so I was happy to average almost an hour and a half per day!
When you sit on a couch in January with your entire leg wrapped up following knee surgery, you hope for days like these. Some pictures of Mill Creek Park.....




On Friday May 14th, my wife, daughter, brother, niece and her friend traveled to Pittsburgh to see Sugarland in concert. It was my first country music concert and I had a lot of fun. They know how to give a good show and we all enjoyed ourselves tremendously.

SUGARLAND

Kyrsti and Macie



Tronk and the Better Half


The Group - Tronk, Brother Steve, Aubrey, Macie, & Kyrsti

Over the next few weeks the plan is to keep the cross training going along with some weight training to get my strength back up. I talked with Brian Musik last night about him completing the MMT100 last weekend. What an accomplishment! I am not sure I will ever get to that point, but it may be something down the road I may have to try. For now, I will set my goals on another 50K and some shorter trail runs and my favorite road races.

Congrats Brian! You Rock Dude!

Caution - The Trail Will Bite if Provoked!

Tronk again..... Happy at Mill Creek

If you ever have heard the saying, if you fall off the horse, get back on. Well this weekend I am heading to the Kinzua Dam area with my friend Mark and his soms to backpack the Minister Creek Trail. Yep - the same trail I tore the meniscus on in January. I am going back to bite the dog that bit me...... Stay tuned for pictures and story!

























No comments: