Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas Morning Run

I ran this morning. Not much, but enough to qualify it as a run. After opening gifts and spending the earlier part of the morning in front of a warm fire, I decided I needed to get out and do a little running to stretch my legs out after the 3 hours of running yesterday.

It was cold so I dressed for the weather, plugged in the IPod and took to the streets of McDonald. I didn't plan to do much but once I worked out the kinks in the first 20 minutes I felt like I could run all day. It was very serene in McDonald this Christmas morning. No one was out. Everyone was warm in their houses enjoying Christmas morning. I ran in the middle of the street. I cruised all the streets that run East to West which in McDonald transfers to ups and downs. It was a good run and after I got home 45 minutes later, I was glad I ran. I did not see one living person nor pass a moving car. What a weird feeling! Merry Christmas!

No comments: